According to Educationvv, Naberezhnye Chelny is the second largest city in Tatarstan. It stands on the left bank of the Kama River, 225 km east of Kazan, and together with nearby towns and villages forms a whole agglomeration. The city is known for the fact that there is a large machine-building plant “KamAZ”.
The first mentions of the Bulgarian city of Yar Challi are found in chronicles under 1172. It can also be seen on the maps of the 14th century. After the capture of Kazan by Ivan the Terrible, the city was destroyed. In 1626, a group of Yelabuga peasants came to this place and founded the first Russian settlement here. Most of its inhabitants were engaged in trade. By the beginning of the 20th century, the settlement had turned into a large trading village. In 1930, the village received the status of a city, which was named Naberezhnye Chelny.. In 1982, after the death of Leonid Ilyich Brezhnev, the city was given a new name – Brezhnev. The former name – Naberezhnye Chelny – was returned in 1988. Today Naberezhnye Chelny is one of the largest Russian engineering centers.
There are practically no ancient architectural monuments in the city, it is mainly built up with buildings of the second half of the 20th century, because rapid construction began here only in 1969, when the KamAZ plant began to be built. One of the oldest buildings in the city is the Church of Cosmas and Damian. It was erected in the middle of the 19th century at the expense of the Strakheev merchants. The project of the church was drawn up by the famous architect Ton. At the beginning of the 21st century, Naberezhnye Chelny appeared Church of St. Seraphim of Sarov. In addition, there are many mosques in the city, the most famous is the 1993 Tuba Mosque. The building of the hotel “City Center” is interesting, which is called “skull-teika” in the common people. The hotel was built at the beginning of the 21st century. This is a 24-storey cylindrical building, which is topped with a cylindrical ledge, painted in the color of the flag of Tatarstan.
Be sure to visit the museum of the history of the city of Naberezhnye Chelny , which presents the history of the region and unique items from the construction period of KamAZ. The most valuable collections of the museum are the collection of radio receivers and radio equipment of different years, the encyclopedic dictionaries of Brockhaus and Efron, materials of archaeological expeditions on the territory of the Lower Kama region, a collection of metal utensils of the early 20th century, a collection of furniture of the late 19th century, a collection of porcelain of the late 19th century, a collection of taxidermic sculptures, numismatic collection, a collection of Tula samovars, a collection of front-line letters from a soldier Dremlyuk Ya.F., a collection of patterned weaving by masters of the Lower Kama region, a collection of badges and commemorative medals dedicated to the city and KamAZ, and a collection of souvenirs from the Aktobe Toy factory.. Here are exhibited objects of painting, graphics, sculpture and arts and crafts, paintings by Russian artists of the 20th century and works by artists of Tatarstan.
The vast urban agglomeration of Naberezhnye Chelny also includes the cities of Yelabuga and Nizhnekamsk. Yelabuga is known for its archaeological sites and historical buildings of the 19th and 20th centuries and is perfect for educational recreation. In Nizhnekamsk, the Cathedral Mosque is interesting, which was built at the end of the 20th century. The cathedral mosque has five minarets up to 70 m high. Prior to the construction of the Kul-Sharif mosque in Kazan, the Nizhnekamsk Cathedral Mosque was the largest in the republic.
To the north of Naberezhnye Chelny, on the banks of the Nizhnekamsk reservoir, there is the Izhevsk Mineralnye Vody resort. It was opened on the basis of the Nizhnekamsk source of mineral waters and peat therapeutic mud of Lake Varzi-Yatchi, located 25 km from here. Mineral waters belong to the type of chloride-sulfate magnesium-calcium-sodium waters. In the local sanatorium, diseases of the digestive system, genitourinary and urolithiasis diseases and metabolic disorders are prevented. It offers treatments such as drinking therapy, mud applications, various baths, galvanic mud therapy, electric light therapy, physiotherapy and massage.
Cape Schmidt, Chukotka Autonomous Okrug (Russia)
The urban-type settlement Mys Schmidt is located on the shores of the Chukchi Sea. It is one of the stopping points on the tourist routes of the northern part of Chukotka. From here you can go to the Chaunsky district, to the Chukotka highlands, to the Wrangel Island nature reserve, which is located north of the coast through the Long Strait, and to the Chukchi Peninsula.
The Chukotka Autonomous Okrug is part of the border zone. By a decree of the governor, citizens of the Russian Federation who are not residents of the border zone (who do not have residence registration), foreign citizens and stateless persons can visit the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug only with a pass issued by the bodies and troops of the Federal Border Service of the FSB of Russia on the basis of personal statements of citizens or petitions of enterprises. Tourists can obtain a pass from any authorized travel agency. To obtain a pass, citizens of Russia must submit an application indicating the last name, first name and patronymic, citizenship, date of birth, passport data, registration at the place of residence, place of work, position held, dates and purpose of entry and place of stay. The entry permit is issued within 10 days.