The anxiety is based on an exaggerated concern that causes tension, fear, or dread of what may occur in any thing evil, thus producing physical symptoms.
The anxiety is considered by many as the evil of the century. It is a biological feature of human and animal, that emerges in moments of danger, whether real or imaginary, and manifests through body sensations unpleasant.
Consists of an exaggerated concern that causes symptoms based on stress, fear, or dread of what may occur in any thing evil, and thus producing physical symptoms.
The modern life has contributed in large part to the increase of individuals eager. Despite being a reaction normal body, when it is persistent and intense it can become pathological.
WHAT IS ANXIETY?
Anxiety can be defined as a mental state of apprehension or fear that anticipates a situation unpleasant or dangerous, which is accompanied by somatic symptoms of tension. The reason of danger may be internal or external.
Within certain limits the anxiety is natural and useful, since it represents a resource adaptive important and encourages people to seek positive solutions.
This feature can become exaggerated and frequent, thus becoming pathological. This will cause changes in the healthy functioning of the individual in the various aspects of the day-to-day.
The anxiety pathology can have multiple causes:
- Physical illness – in this case the anxiety is secondary to a disease prior (hypothyroidism for example) and disappears after the treatment of the disease;
- Mental disorders – panic attacks, generalized anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, the syndrome of post-traumatic stress disorder or phobias;
- Other mental illnesses – depression, the psychoses and the disturbance manic-depressive appear and are often accompanied by symptoms of intense anxiety.
TYPES OF ANXIETY
- Disorder Panic attacks – characterized by panic attacks frequent, occurring without apparent cause. Individuals who have disturbance in panic are afraid that the panic attacks recur, which them causes more anxiety;
- Generalized anxiety – excessive worry, and that does not correspond to reality before common situations of day-to-day;
- Obsessive-Compulsive disorder – consists in the presence of ideas, thoughts, or impulses inopportune and inappropriate and that cause anxiety. Are persistent and the individual feels unable to control (washing hands repeatedly, counting things, need to sort everything, among others);
- The syndrome of Post-Traumatic Stress disorder – the appearance of specific symptoms that occurs following a traumatic event have intense. The symptoms include the revive frequent of the traumatic event (images, thoughts, or), evição of stimuli associated with the trauma, and increased activation often (insomnia, irritability, concentration difficulties, hypervigilance);
- Phobias – defined as the excessive fear and irrational in the face of an object or situation (animals, heights, closed spaces, among others).
The physical symptoms of anxiety are:
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Lack of air or shortness of breath;
- Pain or tightness in the chest;
- Belly pain;
- Muscle tension;
- Abdominal pain;
- The feeling of tiredness;
- The inability to be distracted;
- Pain in the neck and shoulder, numbness in the face or head;
- Rapid gastric emptying;
- Indigestion, heartburn, constipation or diarrhea;
- Symptoms of urinary tract infection;
- Weakness in the arms and tingling in the hands or feet;
- Dry mouth;
- Lump in the throat and difficulty swallowing;
- Distorted vision;
- Hormonal problems;
- Pain in the eyes and spasms.
The psychological symptoms of anxiety are:
- Difficulty concentration;
- Constant fear;
- Feeling that something bad is going to happen;
- Of control over their own thoughts;
- Concern exaggerated in relation to reality;
- Fear of dying or losing control;
- Aumento da depressão e sentimentos suicidas;
TREATMENT OF ANXIETY
The treatments most common for this issue are based on sessions with psychologists, psychotherapy, or other experts in the field.
In addition to the psychological treatment, it is often necessary to resort to drugs. The most used drugs are anxiolytics and antidepressants.
The exercise is the most powerful relaxation technique for anxiety. The exercise is not only healthy for body but also for the mind.
This technique is one of the most effective ways to decrease the anxiety immediately. Deep breathing can be done in 5 steps:
- Adopt a comfortable position, with the upright column;
- Close your eyes and inhale deeply, as if you were smelling a flower;
- Release the air slowly, as if you were a candle, relaxing all the muscles of the body;
- Repeat until the relief of symptoms.
Meditation has great efficacy in the relief of anxiety and stress. Meditation is one of the most soothing that can be performed.
- To meditate, you can be placed in an instrumental music and the like;
- Sit with the spine upright and focus on the music. Whenever a thought arise, re-focus on the music and on the breath, inhaling and exhaling deeply.
PROGRESSIVE MUSCLE RELAXATION
This technique works through the contraction of the muscles of the whole body and its consequent relaxation.
Can be done in 5 steps:
- Tighten the muscles for about 10 seconds;
- Loosen muscles for 20 seconds;
- Go for a muscle group different;
- Start with the shoulders, then the arms and hands, fingers, chest and abdomen, then thighs, legs, and toes of the feet;
- Repeat up to 3 times, breathing deeply.
Panic Attacks and Panic Disorder: Symptoms, Treatment, and …
Patient Education | Mental Illness
Insomnia: Causes, treatment and how much sleep you need
Real CBD Oil Extract: Cannabidiol,Pain,Mental Illness …
Cat Urinary Problem Symptoms and Treatment
Top 11 Selenium Foods: Boost Your Intake of This Essential …
How Natural Remedies for OCD Compare to Standard OCD …
Natural Disasters & Terrorism
Feeling tired? How to manage cancer-related fatigue …
Panophobia: Fear of Everything- Causes, Symptoms and …
Benzodiazepines for Alcohol Withdrawal
How Psychoeducational Group Therapy Can Help Phobias
Deep brain stimulation for patients with chronic anorexia …
10,000 Strong Against Thyroid Cancer: Thyroid Nodules …
Study Links Gut Microbiome With "Ridiculously Healthy …
New Drug Combo Involving Ketamine Shows Promise for …
Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) for renal fatigue …